In-Kind gifts are appreciated by Chicago Lights’ programs! Our needs vary from month to month, depending on program activities. Please see below for current needs.
Guidelines for Giving an In-Kind Gift
- Items should be gently used in good condition or new, clean, and when appropriate accompanied by instructions and manuals.
- Please bring your gift to the Chicago Lights offices at 126 E. Chestnut St; check in with the receptionist in the Gratz Center. We do not have the ability to pick up gifts.
- If the item you wish to donate is not on the “Current Needs” list, please call Robert Crouch at 312.981.3382 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if one of our partner agencies might need your gift.
SOCIAL SERVICE CENTER
- Seasonal men’s clothing–especially pants and t-shirts/polos/long-sleeved shirts in large, x-large, 2x-large, and 3x-large
(shirts, sweaters, jackets, pants, coats, boots, sneakers, socks, underwear, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.)
- Toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrushes, and bars of soap
- Bags (plastic and paper)
- Canned and dry goods
- Pens, pencils, and general school supplies
- First-aid supplies
- Books (new releases, African American character books)
- Literacy/math hands-on learning tools
- Board games (new or gently used)
- Technology (iPads, macs, software, etc)
- Season specific (winter coats, hats/gloves, backpacks, swimsuits, Halloween costumes, etc)
- First-aid supplies (ice packs)
- Sports equipment
- Farm supplies (hoses, shovels, wheelbarrows, rakes, gloves, watering cans, rain barrels, etc.
- Printer cartridges
- Color printer and copy machine